A group of volunteers organized under Willsonthropic, Inc. dedicated to help McMinn County homeless and low income families achieve sustainable independence.
AIM currently assists homeless individuals and families with:
Obtaining necessary IDs and documentation
Identifying those with mental illness and connecting them with partner agencies.
Rent and utilities support.
Assistance with receiving entitlements including SSI disability
Transportation to doctors, mental health facilities, laundry and food banks
Referrals to community partner programs
In 2018, AIM helped 6 individuals secure housing through HUD and private funding.
to receive additional funding to expand services to the estimated 55 homeless families in our area. AIM will utilize data from the Homeless Management Information System to identify our homeless population’s needs and to provide that data to the appropriate agencies. Our partners include:
- Continuum of Care Continuum of Care
- TN Housing Development Agency
- Coordinated Charities of McMinn County
- Grace & Mercy feeding ministry
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology
- Chattanooga Regional Homeless Coalition
- Volunteer Behavioral Health Care
- SETHRA National Alliance to End Homelessness